Some geographical and travel information for you.
Vancouver to Jiaxing
- Get up at 6 am (PDT) for 11:15 am (PDT) flight
- Depart at 11:40 am (PDT)
- Cross International Dateline (see photo) at 4:55 pm (PDT) – 2728 miles from Vancouver at crossing point.
- Land in Shanghai at 11:40 pm (PDT) – 6087 miles from Vancouver
- Clear customs, baggage collection at 12:40 am (PDT)
- Arrive Jiaxing apartment 2:00 am (PDT) – 6150 miles from Vancouver
- Dinner at Krabi Thai Restaurant 2:30 am (PDT)
- Bed at 4:30 am (PDT)
Now think about this. The entire trip home from the airport is about 100 kms. Shanghai is a city of close to 30 million people. This is about 20 km south of the city centre at 4 pm (China Standard Time) on a Thursday afternoon. WHERE IS THE TRAFFIC? It is like this on all the highways we have seen in China.
When we finally arrived home, this greeted us as we stepped on to our elevator in our apartment.
A few left over photos from last year that just never made it in for one reason or another.
I’m not sure why I took this – the frustration on her face, the clash of the cool, hip outfit with the sandwich (rarely seen in China, BTW) in the plastic bag or just the shoes.
Did YOU know pistachio nuts were the delicious food and that cool fashion needs cool taste?
This very effective (?) drain is at Terry’s school. We had a very rainy day just before we left.
(Ed. note: Hey, I know this post may not be up to the usual Terry standards, but give us a break – it was written at 5:30 Saturday morning after two nights of little sleep!)